Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Time Birds & Eggs book

I had a blast making this spring time book....from an old accounting book from the thrift store ( no one would ever be looking at this book again!).  I used the GRAPHIC FAIRY's Images....the eggs and the bird on the medallion badge.  First I ripped off the cover of the old book (this book was from the 60's...not old enough to be weathered either).  I printed the eggs graphic on an old dictionary page.  Change your printer page setting to fit the page size of the dictionary. Glue it onto the front of the book.

Print off the bird image...about a 2" size.  Cut into a circle and add a party streamer ruffle.  I have designed tons of patterns using this technique to make all kinds of pin badges for all year round.
I also typed out a little tag from my old typewriter....you could also just print out a saying on your computer and glue it on a tag.  I stamped the bird image on the tag.

Wrap burlap and ribbon around the book.  Glue everything in place. I love adding moss to a project with "Nature".  I added a few dried flowers here and there.  Also ...white buttons are swell with any project. 

All in all...it was very inexpensive to make.... looks great on a coffee table and I hope you make one too!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is just beautiful! I really love the look of old books in home decor, and this one is absolutely stunning. Love the vintage graphics you used. The eggs on the dictionary page are so eye catching. Love the medallion and the ribbon and buttons, too.
    Visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea...it turned out so beautiful and very "springy"!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME!!! Love it.

    Hello! I'm stopping by via the Graphics Fairy Blog. I am your newest follower. Please stop by to visit us and would love it if you followed us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your book! And thanks for the helpful hints - printing the egg images onto an old dictionary page! What a clever girl! I looked around the blog, and you do some very beautiful work! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!! Love the vintage!!=) See you soon!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning.....just a wonderful vintage work of art! I have those eggs saved, but never did a thing with them!!! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete